Now All I Can Do Is Smile

If you ever been through a divorce, been in a car accident , got been behind on your bills or any other troubling situation, then you know life isn't easy. This reminds me of something my mother or father used to tell me when they would say," You make think that life is full of peaches and cream". "But what you don't realize is that, its hard out there and nothing in life is free. I didn't know it then but they were right. If you happen to be an adult then you know as children, most of us thought that we knew it all and that our parents knew nothing at all. Therefore many of couldn't wait until we were grown or became legal and now that we are now grown adults with our own responsibilities its not hard to figure out that our parents were right. I don't know about you, but Now All I Can Do Is Smile.

As a young man, that was about to get out on his own, I often or used to question my mother or father motives. I thought that they were too hard on me, when in fact they were only trying to prepare me for the outside world and the future. I remember a conversation that I had with my father, when after a party I came in way later than he wanted me too. He looked at me in a way only my father could, mean and intimidating. Then he said to me, Chuck didn't I tell your butt to be in at twelve? Being that I was eighteen, I felt like I was a man, so I shouldn't have to be in at that time. So stupidly I said to my father, that I am a man now and I shouldn't have to come in at that time. ( I said stupidly, because if you knew my father back in the day, you would know that he didn't play and that he would have killed me if I disrespected him). Then my father asked me this question, Chuck you really feel like a man do you and you really think you have all the answers? I said, yes Daddy I do. Then he walked up too me and boy was I scared. I thought that he was about too kill me. But my father shocked me, not with his actions, but with his words and said, Son if you think you are really man enough to act like a man, then its time to go. All I could say too myself," Is wow"! Now I have done it ! What am I going to do? I had no job, no house, no car, no money and no where to go. I knew that I put my foot in my mouth and now that I think about it Now All I Can Do Is Smile.
 
  Boy, was I crazy and if I could go back in time I would slap or stop myself. Because life with my mother or father was so easy or simple then. When I lived with my parents, I had no bills, no worries and girls my mother ran them away. (Smile) Because she wanted me to concentrate on school and knew that if I got involved with them at that age, that I wouldn't graduate. Now that I am an adult, all of the things they protected me from I have to handle now as a man. Yes, that man I bragged and said who I thought I was, but now that I am older and wiser Now All  Can Do Is Smile. If you have any memories of you childhood, that you care too share, please write in and express yourself. Our parents are blessings from God and if they help mold you into productive adults, you should always thank God for them. Look at the state of the world today, where there are lots of parents who don't care. Our children today are lost and unprepared, because they don't have the parents that we were blessed with. When I see a disrespectful child or teenager, I just think back and wonder how my mother or father would have handled them. At that time, Now All I Can Do Is Smile. Write in then express your thoughts or feelings on the subject.
Have a blessed night,
Chuck

Comments

Popular Posts