Opposites Attract?


If you look at the world, then you should realize that people are just like the Universes, different shades of color and different sizes all revolving around one thing the sun. In a way humans are same, different shades of color, different cultures and different sizes all created by one single being God. Its a small wonder knowing that fact ,love is so hard or difficult to find. Its also a know fact that there are more divorced or single people in the world than there are couples or married people. Why? Well even though I am no relationship expert or Psychic, I feel that maybe most of us when seeking out a spouse or mate look at a persons outer appearance or only after them for what they own. Many of men or women already have in their heads or minds the type of man or woman they want. Some like them tall, while others like them short, then there are some that will only date a certain type or class of a man or woman and then there are many that only want to date or marry within their own race. What most people fail to realize, love doesn't come in shades of color or in sizes and only true love can be found within a persons heart. My mother used to always tell me to ignore a woman's outer beauty , but to instead look within a persons heart or mind. She would say, Everything that looks good isn't always good or what glitters isn't always gold. Just because she looks good, has a good job or comes from a good family, doesn't mean she is a good person. Then my mother went on to say, broaden your horizons , get out of your comfort zone and live a little. Don't close yourself off, open your heart and mind, then maybe you will find what you been searching for is right before your eyes.

After experiencing life for myself, I quickly found out that her statements were true. I have dated many so called beauty queens or women with class, only to find out that some of them were just a pretty package on the outside. When I looked inside I found out that some of them were, evil, mean, selfish, very ugly inside and not they type person to build a life with, marry or to take home to mom. Which brings me back to another one of my mothers saying, when the looks or attraction fades away only the heart remains. Which mean you could be taking a chance or risk by getting involved with someone just because they look good, talk a good game, have a wonderful figure or a great career. Is there are shortage of good men or good women? Maybe or could it be that we all are over looking the obvious. What is that you may ask? The millions of single or divorced people that are, tall ,short, athletic built, a little over weight, skinny, different shades of color or race. Or they could be from a different class of people, from a distant country, state or neighborhood opposite to what we been looking or search for.The problem with some people is that they spend most of their time looking or searching for someone to sleep with or for someone to take care of them, instead of finding someone worth loving or waking up too for a lifetime. Maybe one should start searching for something different, new or the unknown and not what they are used to. Maybe then they can truly find true love. The old saying is Opposites Attract, do they really? The only way to find out is by giving it a try, after all we only live once. Write in, then express your thoughts or opinions on the subject.
Chuck




Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Chuck,
I stumbled across your blog by looking at my wife's I-Pad. I was wondering why she smiled, then laughed so much and now I can see why. You are a very talented writer with some great ideals and very thoughtful quotes. Anyway, the reason I am writing you is because I have something in common with this particular writing. My wife and I come from different sides of the track. I am college educated PHD, with a degree in science, math and I am a Doctor, my wife is from the projects or as some may say the hood. We met in a very odd way and under an unusual circumstances. One day she brought her young daughter (thats now my daughter just in case she is reading) into a clinic that I was working in. When she was called, I was the Doctor that examined her daughter. As I was doing so I couldn't take my eyes off her mother, she was absolutely beautiful and breath taking! When I was done with the examine, I walked over to the nurses station and I told a Co-Doctor of mine about her. He kind of chuckled and said, You and a hood rat? I said Yes, man because she is so fine. He walked off and laughed, then he said it will never work, because you guys are from two different worlds. I ignored my Co-workers warning and wrote my number on her prescription slip. Guess what she never called, so I looked up her medical records and called her instead. Long story short we are now married, with two children of our own. At first my family didn't accept her, because of her background, but over time they fell in love with her just as I did. Yes Chuck opposites do attract and true love can be found in the oddest places. I thank God for her everyday, because if she never walked into that clinic that day I never would have found a woman like her.
Thank you for reminding me,
Maurice
Anonymous said…
What a sweet and unique love story, Maurice. You didn't allow your status in society, co-worker or your family stand in the way of what you wanted. A great example of a person not judging someone by their geographic location. Also, I think that spoke alot about your wife's character when she didn't call you, May God bless your marriage continuously. Thanks for the topic, Charles
Lynette
Anonymous said…
Hello Chuck,
I just love your blog, I was introduced to it while a co-worker of mine was viewing it on her I-Pad. She was just shacking her head , then dancing to the music and we both love the old school stuff you have on here. I been reading your blog posting for over 2 months and I love them all. My favorite one is the one you wrote just the other day. You know the one you wrote about singles? That really made me laugh and I really enjoyed the topic. But this particular blog is one that really touched me. This one reminds me of my future husband , because we are opposites too. I am a short and petite woman. My future husband is very a large man (football player) and I always dated men just a little taller or bigger than myself. I used to be scared of being with a bigger man, because I am so small. I was afraid a man that size was smash me or take advantage of me because of it. But my baby is just like a big old teddy bear, I love him so much and he is so sweet. I am glad I over came my fears and looked beyond his size, only to see his heart.
Thanks Chuck,
Paula

Popular Posts