The Heart




One of the things that I really hate about death is that sometime it takes away the people in our lives that are really unique, irreplaceable or special and once they are gone there is a void, in ones life that can never be replaced. One of the most special people to ever touch my life was my late grandmother. Even though she has been gone now for over 8 years, I find myself missing her even more today. Being without her sometimes leaves me feeling empty or lost inside and one of the reasons I feel this way, is because out of all the people in the world, I knew that she truly loved me. Her love was unconditional and she didn't require or ask me for a thing to earn it. Out of all the things she taught me or said to me, is this quote that I'll never forget, when she would say, When the right woman comes along, The Heart and not your eyes will let you know if she is the one. Then she would say, never allow your mind or what you see, to talk you out of what touches your heart. Then she smiled at me, then said, Chucky love with this (as she touched my chest) and not with these as she pointed toward my eyes. As I think about those words, all I can do now is smile, because many times I have let my so called wisdom, knowledge and even some so called friends, keep me from dating many women in my past. If they weren't the right age, height, weight, color or race and even if they didn't look right or if I figured they wasn't my type, I wouldn't be bothered with them. Its funny that it took the death of my late grandmother to show me how foolish I was or the errors of my ways. Now since death has touched my life, I have began to realize that love or loving someone isn't about size, color, race or even what I see, true love resides within The Heart. How do I know this to be true? Every-time my late grandmother held me, then told me she loved me, it truly touched my heart. If you are looking for a man or woman that will truly love you, allow your eyes to see them and let The Heart lead the way. After all its impossible to care, love or have feelings without a heart. The Heart! Write in then express your thoughts or feeling on the subject.
Chuck


Comments

Popular Posts